The Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association is a not-for-profit professional organization founded in 1992 to serve the needs of the practicing local government attorney. Since its inception, the Association has served as a conduit for the timely publications, workshops, conferences and website. The Association enables local government lawyers to share information and solutions to problems of mutual interest by providing an open forum for the exchange of ideas and "no holds barred" discussions of issues. Membership in the Association is open to all attorneys licensed to practice law in Illinois and actively representing local government. ILGL is an accredited CLE Provider and an affiliate of the Illinois State Bar Association!!!!
It is the purpose of the Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association to coordinate and promote professional education, information exchange and interaction among local government attorneys in Illinois in order to ensure the highest level of professional representation to units of local government.ILGL Mission Statement
Photographs reprinted with permission of the author, Jimmy S. Emerson, DVM.
Become A Member
Access to a professional network, education and practical resources makes membership in ILGL essential for any local government attorney. We are the authoritative resource for quality legal education and leadership in Illinois local government law, and we welcome your participation.
ILGL membership provides timely access to roundtable discussions and one-on-one conversations with other attorneys who deal with the same challenges and issues that you do, and other CLE accredited programs year round.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
ILGL March Nuts 'n Bolts TeleconferenceYour Office
Recent Legal Documents
- Legal Theories for Sanctuary Cities by Lisa Soronen, Executive Director, State and Local Legal Center
Become A Partner
- One-year commercial affiliate membership in ILGL
- Half page business card-size ad in 10 issues of the ILGL Journal distributed to ILGL membership and all subscribing law libraries throughout Illinois
- Corporate sponsor logo with link to corporate sponsor homepage on the ILGL website
- One full page(approximately 800 words) article in the ILGL Journal, furnished by you, addressing a matter of municipal interest (article per review and scheduling by ILGL)
- One Complimentary registration for the ILGL Annual Conference
- Signage at annual ILGL conference
- Marketing piece included in ILGL Annual Conference folder (must provide material in advance)
- Exhibit table at conference
- Exclusive luncheon keynote sponsor (includes brief 2-3 minute presentation at luncheon)