ILGL membership provides timely access to roundtable discussions and one-on-one conversations with other attorneys who deal with the same challenges and issues that you do, and other CLE accredited programs year round.
Membership brings access to these valuable resources:
- ILGL Conference and Special Programs provide focused and specific CLE professional education opportunities every year; diverse and up-to-the-minute information from leading authorities on the pragmatic practice information you need. The ILGL annual conference covers a variety of timely relevant local government issues, and provides additional annual programming on topics of particular interest, such as municipal prosecution and legal ethics.
- The ILGL Journal, published 10 times a year, contains articles and commentary on the most recent issues in local government law.
- ILGL Members Listserv provides instantaneous posting of inquiries and responses when you need quick answers and advice.
- Nuts ’n Bolts, the ILGL members’ monthly scheduled free-form teleconferences, are generally 60 minutes and held over the lunch hour, for easy access and hassle-free scheduling. Participants confer on issues of mutual concern, share information and solutions to problems in candid "no holds barred" discussions.
- Municipal Prosecutors Group is an ILGL committee that provides an annual conference aimed at issues specific to municipal prosecutors and has a very active members’ listserv focusing primarily on prosecutorial issues. Always vibrant, lively and timely. Many members have participated for years because it is irreplaceably beneficial.
Access to a professional network, education and practical resources makes membership in ILGL essential for any local government attorney. We are the authoritative resource for quality legal education and leadership in Illinois local government law, and we welcome your participation.
The membership application form can be accessed here.